Central Coast High School
Where your past will not define your FUTURE.
The mission of Central Coast High School is to provide a flexible setting for students with unique academic and social emotional needs. We encourage students to develop an enthusiasm for life-long learning and pursue a post-secondary education.
The creation of Central Coast High School was a direct result of the base closure of Fort Ord, which began in 1992. As student population dwindled, the decision was made to combine the existing continuation high schools, Marina La Via and Cypress. The staff was combined and Central Coast High School and it opened its door for the first time in 1992 at a location in Marina. CCHS was moved to the Marshall West / Stillwell site in 2006. In 2010, Central Coast High School was moved to its current location on the Hayes Campus to establish an Educational Options Center to include the Continuation High School, Community Day School, Independent Study program, Home & Hospital and Adult Education
Central Coast is located in the City of Seaside, a diverse and growing city located between Marina and Monterey, California.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
All Central Coast High School students will:
Show competency in basic academic skills
- Meet graduation requirements
- Demonstrate nominal proficiency on Smarter Balanced Assessments (SBAC)
Develop effective communication skills
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to effectively communicate findings
- Collaborate with peers to develop solutions for real-world challenges
- Utilize technology proficiently in a 21st Century culture
Develop a sense of good citizenship and social responsibility
- Demonstrate personal responsibility
- Make positive contributions to community and school environment
- Positive Attitude, Academic success and consistent Attendance (3 A’s)
Develop into life-long learners
- Take responsibility for their own academic success
- Demonstrate punctuality, reliability, and preparedness
- Explore college and career readiness opportunities